Question: What is the Jain Scholar program and what is the goal?:
Answer: JainLink’s Jain Scholar program gives Jain scholars around the world a centralized resource of communicating with other scholars. The goal of the program is for every Jain scholar to be connected through this single web source, making communication and collaboration for scholars easier and more efficient than ever before.
Question: Will my information in the Jain Scholar Database be open to the Internet?
Answer: Not your personal profile. The Jain Scholar Database itself will be open to the Internet, but only Jain Scholar members will be able to access your profile. Therefore, the only things a non-member can see would be the contents displayed on the non-member view of the Jain Scholar Database, meaning, your displayed full name (your first and last name; it is optional to provide a middle name), your city and state (if you choose to provide it within your profile), and the fact that you are a member of "Jain Scholars". All other information will only be viewable by registered Jain Scholar members and by JainLink administration.
Question: What information will be shown to other Jain Scholar members?
Answer: Other Jain Scholar members will be able to view the contents of your member profile. You may opt to hide certain information within your profile (e.g. some parts of the "Contact Information" section, some parts of the "Professional Information", etc.). The only item that are definitely required to provide and definitely visible by other Jain Scholar members is your full name (your first and last name; it is optional to provide your middle name), and the fact that you are a member of "Jain Scholars".
Question: Up to how many publications can I post?
Answer: You may post as many publications as you wish. Tip: If you have a personal website that archives all of your publications, you could mention it in "Publications" in the "Additional Information" section of your member profile. If you would like your personal website (or the publication archive website) shown as a URL, you could type its URL in the "Your Website" box in the "Personal Information" section of your profile. The link will appear on your profile as "Visit My Website >>."
Question: Who is making the Jain Scholar program?:
Answer: The current team includes:Dr. Sulekh C. Jain
– Past Secretary and President, JAINA, Chairman Governing Council, International School for Jain StudiesDr. Shugan Chand Jain
– Chairman ISSJS, India Governing Council and Chairman, ISSJS India Academic Council; currently residing in New Delhi, IndiaMr. Vatsa Kumar
– Director, Office of Academic Affairs and member, Governing Council, International School for Jain StudiesProf. Yashwant Malaiya
– Computer Science Department, Colorado State University, Director, Alumni Affairs and Member Governing Council, International School for Jain StudiesProf. Sarah Hadmack
– Professor at the University of Hawaii at ManoaBobby Tarumi
– Student at the University of Hawaii at Manoa
Mr. Yogendra Jain
– Chairman JAINA Long Range Planning Committee, Member, Governing Council, International School for Jain StudiesMr. Chandrakant Vora
– Project Lead, Past President, Jain Center of Greater Boston, Head of North America Jain Directory Project
For general inquiries about JainLink, please refer to the main Frequently Asked Questions