So you want to be a mentor? Thank you for your interest in the Jain Mentorship Program. Below you will find the online application form for the Jain Mentorship Program. Please take a a moment to fill it out and, if you have questions, please do not hesitate to contact the JMP Board at email@example.com.
All applications must be submitted by August 18, 2013.
Please note that this application cannot be saved once it is begun unless you are logged into JainLink. Please have all information on hand before you begin filling it out.
Before filling out this form, please ensure that you review the responsibilities of mentors to ensure you can commit yourself to this program.
Responsibilities as a JMP Mentor include:
- Serve as a mentee’s point of contact for questions, support, and insight on their issues and day-to-day life. Mentors are expected to call mentees at a minimum of once a month in order to provide this opportunity for dialogue.
- Work with the mentee to come up with a structured set of their goals and expectations, along with a proposed timeline with milestones and deadlines. (S.M.A.R.T system in Handbook)
- Provide feedback and personal observations about what your mentee can do to develop and help attain these goals. Mentors will filling out quarterly evaluations of mentees and their progress and submit them to JMP.
- Maintain the confidentiality of your mentee relationship and exercise discretion in your actions and communications.
- Commit to JMP and your mentee for a minimum of one year.