JAIN LEADERSHIP FELLOWS PROGRAM
2015 - 2016
Thank you for your interest in the Jain Leadership Fellows Program!
This is an initiative from JAINA's Long Range Planning Committee which is a 12 member Standing Committee of JAINA, is organized under Article V, Section 5 of JAINA’s Charter. With a vision to “Live and Share a Jain Way of Life”, the objective of LRP Committee is to establish long-range, 10-20 years, plans for North American Jains and JAINA. In this regard, the Committee develops and executes short-term as well as long-term goals. The Committee supports and guides JAINA in infrastructure development and operational strategies.
LRP Committee creates opportunities for leadership development, assists JAINA EC and Board Of Directors by being a custodian of certain tasks, and acts as an incubator facility for launching new initiatives and the roll out of JAINA projects.
The JAINA Long Range Planning (LRP) Committee is offering paid fellowships for one year terms, from October 2014 to September 2015, to high school, college or post graduate students interested in the advancement of Jain values in North America. This fellowship will provide an opportunity for individuals to develop the leadership skills required to contribute lasting impacts on community building and social change.
Application deadline is June 1, 2015 for questions please email email@example.com and a member of our team will contact you.
Work with the LRP Committee as an integral part of the team to engage and empower Jain Centers, Jain youth, and the Jain population at large in North America.
- Responsible for a designated population of approximately 10,000 Jains in a given region
- Learn the needs and concerns of the Jain Centers, Jain youth and community in your region
- Meet with local Jain leaders and community contacts on a regular basis and disseminate information about JAINA/LRP and local Jain Center projects to the Jain centers membership.
- Build, grow, maintain and update a database of Jains in your region Recruit and help in fundraising for JAINA projects
- Lead a team of local volunteers to work with you in the area
- Hold workshops, interactive sessions and public speaking engagements about JAINA/LRP
- Work with a dedicated, well-connected LRP team Be a liaison for JAINA and LRP for the region
- Estimated 4-6 hours per week – most events and meetings take place over weekends with visits to local Jain centers and calls in the area
- Some travel to local Jain centers in your region
- Potential for paid trip(s) to JAINA Long Range Planning conferences
- Begin June 15, 2015 to May 15, 2016
BENEFITS UPON SUCCESSFUL COMPLETION OF THE FELLOWSHIP:
- Stipend: $1,500 payable at the completion of fellowship, plus $500 toward travel and participation at one (1) LRP conference
- Approved travel and material costs will be reimbursed
- Letters of Recommendation from Dr. Dipak Jain, former Dean at Kellogg; or Prem Jain, former Vice President at Cisco Systems and current JAINA President; or Dipak Doshi, Chairperson of the Long Range Planning Committee, among others
- Assistance with contacts, interviews and meetings with future prospective employers
Fellows will be selected by region and emphasis will be placed on locations close to major Jain centers or rural populations.
High school graduates, college students, or graduate school students may apply.
All applicants will be asked to:
- Submit a resume of work and Jain community activity experience
- Read and understand the four LRP documents (Vision, Strategy, Execution Plan)
- Attend an informational session (via conference call/webex) with LRP
- References and recommendation will be requested by LRP Committee
- Formal interview with LRP Committee
- Contract submitted and signed
Please fill out the application below: