Back to JAINA Executive Committee 2011-13
VP Mid West USA
In the next term, I am committed to promoting the Jain Way of Life to mainstream Americans, addressing challenges facing aging Jains, strengthening local Jain Centers and JAINA Director engagement through strategic planning training, and preparing the next generation of Jains to address societal, moral, and ethical dilemmas.
Education: BS, MS & Ph.D (Industrial Engineering); University of Michigan Business School Executive Program
Occupation: Executive Director of a Manufacturing Research Institute, Ann Arbor, MI
Member Association: Jain Society of Greater Detroit
- Promoting Jain Way of Life to mainstream Americans
- Addressing challenges facing aging Jains
- Strengthening local Centers and JAINA Director engagement through strategic planning training
- Preparing the next generation Jains to address societal, moral and ethical dilemmas
I am settled in Ann Arbor, MI with my wife and two sons. I have lived/schooled in East Africa, India, Singapore, and the USA. I have volunteered with the Jain Society of Greater Detroit (JAINA Director since 2005), Rotary Club of Ann Arbor North (President 1998-99) and American Red Cross Board (2001-07).
- Organized 3 teleconferences of Midwest Directors; Attended Pratishtha of Cleveland Jain Temple (2010)
- Organized visits by JAINA President (2010) and First VP (2011) to Detroit Jain Society
- Organizing Chairman of 2009 and 2011 Jain Diaspora Conferences at JAINA Conventions – perform outreach to Jain leaders in 36 countries
- Attended 100% JAINA EC Meetings, and 2 Kellogg Long Range Planning Workshops
- JAINA Congressional Visit (October 2009) to Washington DC.
- Represented JAINA from 2007-2011 at Annual Jaina Studies Workshops at University of London (published event highlights)
- Member, Governing Council of International School for Jain Studies
- Initiated discussion with Girl Scouts of America to introduce a Jain Badge
- Pathshala Teacher for high school students at Detroit Jain Study Class (1999-2010), and Jain Center of Cincinnati-Dayton in (1985-88)