JAINA Convention 2015 will be held in Atlanta from July 2-5, 2015.
Theme for our next JAINA Convention is:
"Jainism: World of Non-Violence".
We are reaching out to you to submit a logo which reflects this theme.
Please submit your entry by June 22, 2014 to email@example.com or
click on link Submit your entry now!
JAINA Convention Board will select the winning entry.
We look forward to welcoming you in Atlanta from July 2-5, 2015!
Please see below for details:
This document describes the official rules (“Official Rules”) of the 2015 JAINA Convention Logo Design Contest (the “Contest”). The object of this contest is to design a logo for the 2015 JAINA Convention,to be held in Atlanta, Georgia. Information on how to enter and about the prizes is part of these Official Rules. To the extent of any inconsistency, these Official Rules prevail.
How to Enter
“Entry” means a logo design created by the Entrant for this Contest.
“Entrant” means the individual that offers the Entry under the terms of this Contest.
- The Contest is open only to individuals. The Contest is not open to companies, educational institutions, organizations, etc. or to groups associated with such institutions.
- Entrants must be of sufficient legal age and standing or have parental permission to enter into a contract with JAINA as required below.
HOW TO ENTER
- Email your most creative design to firstname.lastname@example.org. The entries must be submitted as a scalable vector graphic in EPS format, and also as a JPG. See the Submission Guidelines below for further information.
- The email must include the name, age, postal address, phone number and email address of the Entrant.
- No more than 1 Entries may be submitted by any one Entrant.
- Entries must conform to the Submission Guidelines set out below. Entries which fail to do so will be rejected.
- We will attempt to acknowledge all entries within one week of receipt; however, we cannot be responsible for entries or responses lost in e-mail.
- There is no fee to enter the Contest.
The purpose of the contest is to design a logo for the 2015 JAINA Convention. The logo will be used online, in print, and on merchandise. Flexibility is a key requirement, including the need to resize easily and to look good in black and white as well as color. The final version of the logo will need to be suitable for high quality printing. Entrants should take care to ensure that their Entries are not in any way similar to existing logos or other copyrighted images. The logo must contain the words “Jainism: World of Non-Violance”. The logo must not contain any other text besides that required above.
Due to the requirements for high quality printing and re-sizing Entries must submitted in scalable vector graphic format (EPS). We advise against the use of halftones and gradients unless created inside a vector graphics program. Color in this version must be CMYK, no spot colors. Please send the images individually and note clearly in your emails that you are doing so. To recap, entry will consist of 2 files: the basic logo in EPS and JPG format.
Subject to the legal requirements outlined above, the winning design will be announced in July 2014.
The winning designer will receive:
- An new iPad Mini
- Recognition on the Jaina Convention website.
- The right to use the basic logo and identify him/herself as the logo designer.
Judging and Selection of Winner
- The Convention Board the JAINA Convention., and the Artistic Director of the JAINA Convention will select the winning design. Their decision will be final. No further correspondence shall be entered into.
- JAINA reserves the right not to select a winner if, in its sole discretion, no suitable entries are received.
- JAINA reserves the right to disqualify any Entrant or Entry at its sole discretion. No correspondence shall be entered into.
- The winner will be required to sign a contract assigning all ownership of the logo to JAINA. If the winner is a minor a parent or guardian will be required to sign.
- Accepting the prize constitutes permission for JAINA to make public and otherwise use winner’s name, city, state, and country of residence for publicity purposes. Further personal data may be requested but is not required.
- All submitted work must be original and not based on any pre-existing design.
- All Entries will become the sole property of JAINA and may be displayed publicly on the JAINA website.
Participation constitutes the Entrant’s full and unconditional agreement to and acceptance of these Official Rules. By participating in the Contest, the Entrant is representing and warranting that he/she has read and understood, and agrees to be bound by, these rules. Including the guides and rules referred to herein, these Official Rules constitute the entire agreement between the Entrant and JAINA in relation to the Contest.
They govern the Entrant’s participation and supersede any prior or other agreements between the Entrant and JAINA and relating to the Contest. All entries becomes property of JAINA.JAINA reserves the right to copyright, use, produce, reproduce, resize,modify,copy and/or publish the logo as they feel appropriate. Further JAINA reserves the right to use the logo as they wish in upcoming and/or future conventions for publicity, promotions and advertising, in any media including without limitation, the internet, television, online and/or offline promotions.
Please submit your entry by June 22, 2014 via email to email@example.com or
click on link Submit your entry now!