Join us for the 7th Annual South Retreat on February 20-22, 2015. This year’s retreat will be held at a beach house in Galveston, Texas. This is your opportunity to make new friends, learn more about Jainism, and have a blast! From yoga on the beach, connecting the mind and soul, and riding your favorite roller coasters at Pleasure Pier amusement park - this year’s South Retreat will be unforgettable! #South15 #yjalove
• Who: You and your friends from ages 14-29 interested in Jainism;
• When: February 20 - 22, 2015
• Where: 1310 Avenue N 1/2, Galveston, Texas 77550
Retreat Pricing Information:
Fees: Now - Thursday, February 5th at 11:59pm CST
- $70.00 for JainLink Members
- $75.00 for non-JainLink Members
Friday, February 6th - Sunday February 15th at 11:59pm CST
- $80.00 for JainLink Members
- $85.00 for non-JainLink Members
**THERE ARE LIMITED SPOTS THIS YEAR! SIGN UP SOON!**
Frequently Asked Questions:
Q: How old do I have to be to attend this retreat?
A: You must be between 14-29 years old to attend this retreat.
Q: I don't know anyone going, how do I know this will be fun?
A: We promise you will walk out with at least two new friends, or we will personally refund you.
Q: What if I have to leave during the trip?
A: Sorry guys, for your safety, we’d like to ask you to remain on the premises for the duration of the trip unless authorized to do so by a YJA Board Member. If you do leave, we won’t be able to let you back in. In case of emergencies, attendees can receive permission from the YJA Board to leave.
Q: What does registration cost cover?
A: The registration cost includes all meals from Friday dinner to Sunday breakfast and accommodations at the lake house, sessions and other activities.
Q: Will there be any doctors on site?
A: There will not be any doctors on site but safety is a priority, and if anything goes wrong, medical attention is only a few minutes away.
Register today and join Jain youth from across the South for a weekend of educational sessions, fun activities and, of course, some mafia! If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us at any time at firstname.lastname@example.org, or reach out to our awesome LRs!
Thanks, and hope to see you at the #South15!
The YJA South Retreat is an environment where attendees will have an opportunity to have fun, see old friends, and meet new ones. YJA wants to ensure that everyone has a great time, so there are a few important ground rules that all attendees are expected to follow.
- Please be respectful of each other, in terms of your speech and actions. Any comments or language that is inappropriate will not be tolerated towards each other in any way.
- There is a strict policy against alcohol/drug consumption and smoking.
- Those who are reported to have acted inappropriately and in ways that deter everyone from having a fun time will be subject to stringent consequences.
We apologize if this sounds limiting or harsh to anyone, but due to situations in the past, we have been moved to clearly state the boundaries to ensure that everyone learns, grows, is respected, and has fun!