Paryushan & Daslakshan Mahaparv
August 25 - September 11
If you are looking to spend your time in study and reflection, consider being at Siddhachalam: stay in the cottages (no charge during Paryushanji and Daslakshan), sit by the pratimaji of Guruji, meditate or perform puja in the temples, visit the Shikharji Tonks under construction, or simply study in the library.
Guruji's Timeless Message for Paryushanji at Siddhachalam
In the first paryushanji at Siddhachalam in 1983, Guruji wrote these timeless words:
1. Fasting is war against habit, against slavery. If we want freedom from slavery we have to fight. But don't fight with others. Fight with yourself.
2. You are lucky you have Siddhachalam during your fast. You are resting, meditating and communicating with yourself. It is a beautiful place with beautiful atmosphere and vibrations.
3. This week, take accounts of the past year. Analyze what you have done by mind, by word and by body. Did you do good or bad? What kind of result did you get? Violence, attachment, anger, jealousy, greed – think, what is your slavery.
4. Make a decision for the new spiritual year – I will be humble, I will be kind, I will not think I am superior and others are inferior. Decide one thing and be firm in that.
5. You have collected so many vibrations. You have a big store of karma in your causal body. Analyze, what is your real "place,” what is your reality. Don't think your body is yourself. Body is separate from soul.
6. If you want to know reality communicate with yourself, But there are so many obstacles for progress, so many barriers. We have to remove them. Ask yourself – have you made any obstacles for others?
7. You are searching for your soul-mate. But he is not separate from you. He is your higher Self. Awaken your kundalini, and from the base of your spine meet your Lord at the top of your head. You are perfect and complete.
8. You have to destroy all the bad karma and negativity from what you did in the past. What are you doing in the present and what will you do in the future? You have to decide. We control our destiny. We are creator and destroyer. Are you on the right path? Which way are you going? Make a choice.
Pujya Amrinder Muniji will be with us throughout the Mahaparva.
He will deliver daily discourses at 6:00 p.m. in the Main Temple. He will also be available there at 11:00 a.m. every day to answer questions.
Swapan Darshan on Sunday, August 28
New swapan (16 swapan, in keeping with both traditions) will be displayed on Sunday, August 28. Below is the program:
10:30 a.m. Snatra Puja by Bhadribhai Lodaya & Prakashbhai Shah
11:45 a.m. Swapan Darshan
1:00 p.m. Janm Vaachan by Pujya Amrinder Muniji
1:30 p.m. Palna, Shantikalash, Mangal Devo and Aarti
Sadharmic Swamivatsalya starts 1:30 p.m.
Daslakshan Puja on Sunday, Sept. 11
10:30 a.m. Puja by Bharatbhai Shah and Narsingpura Digambar Samaj (Main Temple)
1:00 p.m. Sadharmic Swamivatsalya
2:00 p.m. Pravachan in Ahimsa Hall